My name is Daetor and I am your
typical Greek man. Technically I am a proletariat and I think the whole idea of
elitist pederasty is just foolish. Acrisius, you may think that your
relationship with Acestes has some sort of deeper meaning, but us proletariats
know you are not telling the truth. We know that you elite men just use sex
with boys for a physical sensation and we as proletariats think it a chance to
share mind, body, and soul. These relationships are an elite privilege so you
do not take it as seriously as we do. In your relationships there seems to be
this sense of extravagance and we realize that we have a responsibility. I will
not lie, we in the lower classes also participate in these pederastic
relationships, but it is more serious for us because there is less of a
distinction between who is of a higher class and who is of a lower class. Also,
there is a lot more backlash out there against our relationships with boys than
you seem to be recognizing. Honor is important in these roles for the boys are
for us which is why these relationships are so complicated. It is more
challenging than you make it out to be. Pederasty is part and parcel of
Athenian life, but you do not treat with the care you should. We in the lower
classes care about our eromenos, while you seem to do it for the mere physical
pleasure. That I do not agree with.

No comments:
Post a Comment